Family Day 2018
Tickets are not available. Please check back shortly.
Family Day 2018
The AGO celebrates Family Day with colour filled fun.
The AGO is exploding with colour-full interactive fun! Put on your favourite colour and join us to celebrate COLOUR – with music, movement and activities for the whole family! Dance the day away at an all ages dance party, make paintings without paint, get popping in the famous bubble wrap room, play with light and shadow, make an emoji face mask, chill out with kid friendly films and end the day with a memory in front of the colourful selfie wall.
Family Day activities are free with general admission, and visitors can save $10 off the cost of a family pass when they purchase tickets online in advance. AGO members always receive free admission.
Activities are 10:30 am – 4 pm, or times as listed
- All-day dance party with colour dances led by Movement Lab’s Ann-Marie Williams and storytelling with Miss Fluffy Soufflé + Fay Slift – come fly your colours!!
- Colour Dances at 11:00 am, 12:00, 1:00 and 2:00 pm
- Storytelling at 11:30, 1:30, 2:30 and 3:00 pm
- Abstract Painting – paint with and without paint!
- Colour-full animated short films, screened every half hour, last screening at 3:30pm
- Emoji mask making
- Family-friendly gallery tours at 11:30 am, 12:30, 1:30 and 2:30 pm
- Make-a-Memory Selfie wall – make glasses, moustaches and more that disappear into the background!
- Rainbow Room – a stick-on extravaganza
- Bubble Wrap Busting Fun – the bubble wrap room is back!
- Coloured Shadow Play – it’s a wall-op of fun!