Drawing Explorations: Landscapes ONLINE
In this online course we’ll be inspired by landscape drawings in the AGO collection as well as the seasonal landscape around us. Explore a range of drawing techniques, including different application methods and materials such as pencil, conte and charcoal, to develop an awareness of line, volume, form and colour and create your own landscape drawings.
Students to supply their own materials. Alternative and/or additional materials may be discussed on class 1 with instructor. To get the most from this course, we suggest you take Introduction to Drawing first.
STUDENT MATERIAL LIST
- Paper or sketchbook 11” x 14”, or any similar size white paper
- 2B or 3B graphite pencil
- Vine charcoal
- Chalk pastels, Mungyo brand is fine https://store.abovegroundartsupplies.com/products/mungyo-gallery-drawing-pastels-assorted-set-of-12-69559.html
- White eraser
- X-Acto knife fine tip and #11 blade
- Cutting mat
- Glue stick or white glue
- Dip pen and small bottle India ink
- Round fine tip brush, synthetic with a point is ideal (any kind, dollar store/art store #4 – #8, approx. ⅛” – ¼” diametre) https://store.abovegroundartsupplies.com/products/above-ground-white-taklon-sh-round--6-13637.html
- 1 sheet multimedia paper or watercolour paper (cold or hot)
- 1 sheet black pastel paper, for example 19” x 25” Canson: https://store.abovegroundartsupplies.com/products/folia-art-card-paper-19-5x27-5-black-60295.html
Or you can use black construction paper or Bristol board.
- A suitable place to work, an apron, and protective covering for your table.
These are the recommended materials for the first day of this course. Your instructor may recommend additional optional materials on additional days.
Terms and Conditions of Participation in Online Courses.
Participants must be 18 or older. Spots are limited.