Drawing from the Vaults ONLINE
Did you know that there are more than 100,000 artworks in the AGO Collection? Now’s your chance to get a closer look at pieces held in the AGO Marvin Gelber Print & Drawing Study Centre. In this online course, the works are selected by your instructor, and curators of prints & drawings, to emulate specific drawing techniques by the masters.
Students to supply their own materials. Alternative and/or additional materials may be discussed on class 1 with instructor. To get the most from this course, we suggest you take Introduction to Drawing first.
STUDENT MATERIAL LIST
- Sketchbook, coil-bound, 11” x 14”
- Pencils, a variety is good: B, 3B, 6B, H
- Erasers: kneaded (grey) and white vinyl eraser
- Enclosed pencil sharpener
- Tissue, Q-tips, or medium stomp for smudging
- Coloured pencils, 12–24 watercolour or pencil crayons (we will be using these dry because they blend better than regular pencil crayons)
- Chalk pastels, Mungyo brand is fine
Terms and Conditions of Participation in Online Courses.
Participants must be 18 or older. Spots are limited.