Ages 2–3 with an Adult
Sundays 10 - 11 am
November 14 - December 5
Instructor: Melissa Pauw
Members $175 / General Public $205 (4 weeks)
Toddlers with an adult caregiver will focus on self-expression and discovery in an online class that combines art with play. Explore various sights, sounds and materials while your toddler develops motor skills and sensory awareness through age-appropriate art activities and story time too! This class is programmed for 1 adult and 1 child to take together.
Week 1: Experimental printmaking involving abstraction and shape experimentation
Week 2: Painting exploration focusing on colour mixing and layering
Week 3: Creative, process-based collage with an emphasis on colour and shape
Week 4: Introduction to sculpture: exploring texture, stacking and building techniques
Student Material List
- Glue stick
- White glue and brush for glue
- Masking tape
- Scissors, 1 each
- Oil pastels or crayons
- Paint Brushes, any medium size
- Tempera paint (or any washable children’s paint) in red, yellow, blue (additional colours are great too)
- Pie or paper plate - anything that can be used as a paint pallet (several)
- Q-tips: 10 pcs. approximately
- Paper towel or painting rag
- Water container for paint brush rinsing
- Clay, at least two colours, any amount you can bring: air dry, model magic, Play Doh or Plasticine (modelling clay)
Paper: It is always good to have a few extra sheets to enjoy the process and even make mistakes:
- Approximately 6-8 sheets total, 8 ½ x 11 inch white bond paper (printer paper)
- Approximately 6 sheets total, 9 x 12 inch, assorted colours of paper (construction or similar)
- 2 pieces heavier paper/cardstock/Bristol board any colour, 9 x 12 inch (or larger)
- 1 each of canvas panel or board 9 x 12 inch (or 9 x 12 inch heavier paper)
- Tissue paper: assorted colours, and/or crepe streamers
Objects and Craft Materials:
- Bubble wrap (8 x10 inch size is ideal), tin foil (8 x 10 inch size is ideal: several pieces), round flat items: CDs (or flat lids), plastic bottle lids, cups, old credit card or cardboard pieces of a similar size.
- Wooden skewer or thin dowel, toothpicks, straws, pipe cleaners, string or yarn, buttons or large beads, pompoms, feathers
Optional: Extra paper, larger paper.
These are the recommended materials for this course. Your instructor may recommend additional optional materials on additional days. All sizes are approximate. Our Instructor’s will do their best to accommodate alternative materials whenever possible.
Some suggested retailers for purchasing your art materials:
Aboveground Art Supplies (discount code: AGOSTUDENT10), Curry’s, DeSerres, Gwartzman’s, Michaels, or any other art supply or discount craft store.
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, delays are very possible.
Please review the Terms and Conditions of Participation for course experience optimization.