Ages 4–6 with an Adult
Saturdays 10:00am - 11:00am
February 6th - March 6th
(Skipping over Feb 13th)
Members $160.00 / General Public $190.00 (4 weeks)
Have fun getting creative, learning about the AGO collection, and making art alongside your young artist. In this online course, children with an adult caregiver will explore exciting artmaking techniques and learn how to reinvent art materials while working on individual and shared projects.
This class is programmed for 1 adult and 1 child to take together.
STUDENT MATERIAL LIST
Ideally, each child and adult have a set of their own materials to work side by side:
- Glue stick and/or white glue with brush
- Pencil crayons
- Black Sharpie (any black permanent marker)
- Oil pastels (a set or at least 5 colours. You can use wax crayons, but they do not work quite as well for the collagraph project)
- Paper: (listed per person)
- 2–4 recycled cereal cardboard boxes, various sizes
- 8–12 sheets white paper, approximately 8” x 10”
- 12–24 sheets of construction paper around 9” x 12” – assorted colours
- 1 large long white cardstock sheet 10” x 30”
- (Alternatively you can tape smaller pieces of paper together) Bristol board OR for example Cougar Coverstock (1 sheet can be cut lengthwise to share): https://store.abovegroundartsupplies.com/products/cougar-cover-200m-20x…
- Pipe cleaners: 12-24 assorted
- Toothpicks: approximately 6–10
- Plasticine assorted colours + extra white for a winter scene. Around a golf ball-size each colour for each person. (2 sides of recycled boxes to be used as cardboard surface approximately 5” x 7”)
- A bag or box to keep your artwork
- Painter's tape: ¾” wide or similar (masking tape can work too, but may damage the paper)
- Craft materials: paper straws, some string, coffee sleeves (corrugated inside), buttons, feathers, puzzle pieces,ribbon, string, yarn, etc.
Terms and Conditions of Participation in Online and Courses.
Classes are subject to cancellation three days before the start of the course