Saturdays 10:00am - 11:00am
January 9th - 30th
Instructor: Amanda Arcuri
Members $160 / General Public $190 (4 weeks)
With the AGO's amazing collection as inspiration, young artists learn a variety of drawing techniques and skills. In this online course, we take concepts children love to explore - colour, light, form, texture - and build on them, encouraging exploration of drawing tools and materials both traditional and not so traditional.
Students to supply their own materials.
STUDENT MATERIAL LIST
- HB pencil
- White eraser
- Chalk pastels
- Oil pastels OR crayons
- Pencil crayons
- Glue stick
- Container for water and a medium-sized round brush that has a point (to use with chalk pastels)
- Paper: it is always good to have a few extra sheets to enjoy the process and even make mistakes
- Sketchbook or approximately 30 sheets total, roughly 8” x 10”
- 2 pcs. approximately 9” x 12” assorted colours of paper (construction or pastel paper)
- 8½” x 11” bond paper (the type used in a home printer), 5+ sheets
- 1–2 sheets heavier weight paper that can handle water
- Objects: Flat items for tracing, various sizes and shapes, like CDs or lids, other packaging
Terms and Conditions of Participation in Online Courses.