Painting Explorations: Abstract Art ONLINE
This online course draws inspiration from abstract art in the AGO Collection. Practice the methods used in abstract painting, focusing on shape, form, color and line, to learn and develop your new painting style.
Students to supply their own materials. Alternative and/or additional materials may be discussed on class 1 with instructor. To get the most from this course, we suggest you take Introduction to Painting first.
STUDENT MATERIAL LIST
- Acrylic paint (a basic set approximately 120 ml tubes), acrylic medium, paint brushes, something to paint on, a palette, cloth rag, water
- Acrylic paint optional colours, if you desire: magenta, cyan, yellow, alizarin crimson, yellow ochre, ultra-marine blue, cobalt blue, thalo blue, thalo green, hooker's green, orange, violet, dioxazine purple, black, white, burnt and raw umbers and siennas, unbleached titanium.
- Matte medium (not gel). For example: https://store.abovegroundartsupplies.com/products/liquitex-matte-medium-4oz-49877.html
- Brushes, an assortment of 3 bristle brushes: No. 4 – 12 Filbert (shape) natural fibre (hog hair) and a 2" painter's brush (natural fibre/chip brush)
- A pad of bond paper https://store.abovegroundartsupplies.com/products/bond-pad-40-sheets---18x24-18469.html
- A pencil or coloured pencils
- 4 or more stretched canvas or canvas panels (12” x 16" – 16” x 20”)
- Foam or plastic plates for palettes
- Masking tape, painter's or regular
- A fitting place to work, table or easel as you like and a smock or apron of sorts, maybe something to catch spills or splashes
These are the recommended materials for the first day of this course. Your instructor may recommend additional optional materials on additional days.
Terms and Conditions of Participation in Online Courses.
Participants must be 18 or older. Spots are limited.