By registering for AGO Courses and/or workshops you agree to the following Terms and Conditions of participation:
We want all of our visitors, students, employees and volunteers to stay healthy and safe when visiting or taking courses with the AGO.
- Do not come to class or participate in class if you feel unwell.
- Wear a mask during your entire participation.*
- Remain at least two (2) metres apart from other students and instructors at all times.
- Do not gather in groups; if attending with family or friends, please keep your “social circle” to a maximum of 4 people.
- Sanitize hands frequently.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue; if no tissue is available, use your elbow.
*If it’s not possible for you to wear a mask, face covering or face shield due to a pre-existing health condition, or other reasons protected by the Ontario Human Rights Code, please email our Contact Centre - email@example.com - in advance of your participation and we will attempt to accommodate wherever possible.
Any public space where people come together, produces a risk of exposure to the coronavirus (COVID-19). By participating in a course that is held in a public space you voluntarily assume all the risks related to exposure.
All participants in outdoor courses must be prepared to spend 2 hours outdoors including being responsible for:
- Bringing a portable stool if seating is desired/required
- Finding a washroom if needed
- Bringing water, sunscreen, and/or other appropriate sun protection.
- Arriving on time at the designated meeting area so the class schedule is not disrupted.
Students will be screened at the beginning of each class and will be able to proceed with the class if they have answered “No” to all five questions. Employees will be asked the same questions before each shift.
- Have you had close contact with or cared for someone diagnosed with COVID-19 within the last 14 days?
- Have you been in close contact with anyone who has traveled within the last 14 days outside of Canada?
- Have you experienced any cold or flu-like symptoms in the last 14 days (including fever, cough, sore throat, respiratory illness, difficulty breathing)?
- Have you attended any mass gatherings in the last 14 days where proper health and safety protocols were not used?
INCLEMENT WEATHER - In the case of inclement weather, courses will be cancelled 2 hours prior to the start time. Notifications will be sent by email and telephone. One make-up class will be offered as compensation for any missed programming due to inclement weather.
Participation in online programming requires access and familiarization with certain technology, such as a computer with web camera hardware to view the course instruction via video, or another device with built-in video capability, such as a smartphone or tablet. Participation also requires use of Zoom, a free video communications platform. The AGO does not provide this equipment or software. Accessing, using, and maintaining this equipment is the sole responsibility of the participant.
I consent that the camera feed and audio feed of me/my home may be seen/heard by other participants in this program. I understand and acknowledge that as a participant, our focus will be the task at hand (the program) and I agree that I will not willfully engage in actions which may distract from the instruction of the program.
Due to the nature of online course programming, I understand that other members of my household may, intentionally or not, appear on camera in either audio or video form. I understand that the code of conduct stated here also applies to anyone else in the home who may appear on camera. If a person appears on camera, who is not a participant, their actions must adhere to the code of conduct. Failure to do so may result in the participant’s immediate removal from the program without refund or compensation.
Only the participants who are registered will be allowed to participate in the program. While the nature of an online course means that other members of the household may overhear the instruction and course content, the instructor will only address/interact with those who have paid to attend.
Underage participation - at no time during a children, youth or child with adult online program is custody of care transferred to the AGO instructor and/or AGO staff member. Custody of care remains with the parent/guardian at all times. For “Side by Side” and/or “Together” courses and/or workshops, programmed for child and adult participation, the adult registrant must stay on camera and maintain active participation throughout the course. I understand that in registering for any AGO course and/or workshop program, my child will be partaking in physical artmaking and play based activities, and that with any physical activity, there is risk of injury. I agree that the AGO and its respective trustees, officers, directors, employees, agents, and independent contractors shall not be liable for any injury to my child or any loss or damage to my child’s personal property arising from, or in any way resulting from, my child’s attendance at or participation in the Program. I hereby release and indemnify the AGO from any claims or damages arising from any such injury, loss or damage, unless such injury, loss or damage is caused solely by the negligence or wilful misconduct of the AGO, as applicable, or their respective trustees, officers, directors, employees, agents or independent contractors while acting within the scope of their duties.
I understand that we, students and/or parents/guardians, must participate in creating a positive display of inclusion and respect of all persons and their property, in speech, action and behaviour, that is absent of violence, harassment, racism, intimidation, bullying and discrimination of any kind regardless of, and not limited to, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, culture, age, and ability. I understand that any behaviour that puts my child and/or other children, myself and/or other students and/or the instructor, at physical or emotional risk may result in their immediate removal from AGO Courses without refund or compensation.
I understand that alcohol, tobacco and all non-prescription drugs and drug paraphernalia use and presence are forbidden on camera during online courses, on AGO property and/or properties contracted by the AGO during courses, during AGO courses that take place off-site, and during any or all other forms of AGO course programming. Suspicion of impairment by alcohol, tobacco or drugs may result in the removal from the course without refund or compensation.
By registering for an online or outdoor course or workshop I understand that onsite photography or webcam footage, including image and/or voice recording and/or art work, may be used in AGO Art Gallery display, exhibits, promotions and/or advertising in all media. If you have any concerns about our Photography and Video Policy please contact us at 416-979-6608.
Withdrawal and Refunds
- Refunds are available in full 5 days before the start of the first class, minus a $15 administration fee.
- For all courses a withdrawal is allowed before the start of the second class, minus a $50 administration fee.
- Withdrawals after the start of the second class are non-refundable.
- One day workshops are non-refundable.
- Absence does not constitute a withdrawal.
- Courses are not transferable.
- Withdrawal requests must be done by email through the Contact Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org.