About the Program
We are currently recruiting youth from across Canada to help us develop and co-curate season two of Inner Space, the AGO’s digital web series dedicated to showcasing youth artists in Canada. Apply today for the chance to join our Youth Advisory team! This is a paid opportunity for young people aged 16 to 25; biweekly meetings run virtually/online from October 2022 to June 2023, with a final engagement at the end of June when we celebrate the series!
For more details about Inner Space, visit AGO.ca/innerspace.
What does it mean to be an Inner Space Youth Advisory member?
Youth Advisory (YA) members attend biweekly meetings with other awesome youth and AGO staff through an online platform to plan, create and co-curate the Inner Space digital series. The meetings are online and you are not required to be onsite. YA members will work closely with AGO staff to co-curate a glimpse into artist’s studios and their process. Watch last year’s Inner Space videos on Instagram @agoyouth or here.
Youth Advisory Responsibilities
- Attend formal YA biweekly virtual/online meetings from October through June.
- Collaborate with AGO staff in the planning, co-curation and delivery of the program.
- Create a connection between the Inner Space artists’ themes and artworks in the AGO’s collection.
- Promote the program to your audiences.
- Collaborate with other youth advisory members to create an IG Reel and/or TikTok post that speaks to the chosen Inner Space artist (curatorial statement).
- Participate in a celebration for the series in June 2023.
- Share feedback and evaluation on the program
Thursdays, 4 – 5:30 pm ET; biweekly, October through June, 2023 online through zoom. Meetings start Oct. 27, 2022.
Benefits of being a YA Member
- Paid opportunity: an honorarium of $2,000.00 will be provided at the end of the Youth Advisory contract.
- Gain experience by collaborating with peers from across the country and with AGO staff.
- Free access to the AGO.
- Work directly with an AGO media producer and gain institutional knowledge and learning via creating storyboards, shotlists, and acting as a liaison between your selected artist and AGO staff.
- References can be provided upon request.
How to Apply
We encourage populations that have not been equally represented in museums to apply including: BIPOC, LGBTQIA2S+, women, gender non-conforming, and people who identify with a disability.
To become a Youth Advisory member, you need to be between the ages of 16 and 25 and live in Canada.
To apply, please complete the form below.
Deadline: September 21 at 11:59 PM EST.
Have questions? Please contact: Madelyne Beckles, Curatorial Assistant, Youth Programs & Engagement, [email protected]