Introduction to Drawing ONLINE
This online course introduces students to a range of media and techniques in drawing, as well as different application methods to develop an awareness of line, volume and form. Working with conte, graphite, and charcoal, this foundation-level course, taught live by an AGO Artist Instructor, draws upon the AGO's collections as a platform for teaching methods and techniques, and prepares students for advanced classes at the AGO.
Students to supply their own materials. Alternative and/or additional materials may be discussed on class 1 with instructor.
STUDENT MATERIAL LIST
- 2B graphite pencil
- 2B black Conté stick
- 2B white Conté stick
- Sakura Pigma Micron 08 Black Pen 0.50 mm or any similar black felt fine tip pen
- Willow Charcoal (Coates Willow Charcoal 5–6 mm. Med. box of 6). If you do not want to buy the charcoal then the Conté could act as a substitute
- White plastic eraser or kneaded eraser
- Pastels assorted colours (set of 12), such as Mungyo Gallery Drawing Chalk Pastels
- Kraft Paper Pad, 18” x 24”, 40 sheets (manila pad of paper if Kraft is not available)
- One Canson or Mi-Tientes pastel paper 19” x 25”: tobacco or any colour of a medium tone
- Kleenex and/or a paper stomp, a Q-tip (or your finger!)
- Ruler or straight edge
- A drawing board 18” x 24” or larger if you would find this useful
Terms and Conditions of Participation in Online Courses.
Participants must be 18 or older. Spots are limited.